At the heart, I’m an entrepreneurial professional who built successful web-based business while studying for degree in economics and commerce. I’m currently driving revenue and profit growth for freight company through new business and web marketing initiatives. I’m a visionary strategist who has taken several new products through the entire development cycle from concept to launch. I thrive when overcoming tough challenges or capitalizing on untapped business opportunities.
KTI LTD., PULASKI, VA | Business Development Associate | May 2010 – Present
Recruited by VP, Business Development and charged with helping to turn around freight company that had lost several key accounts and needed to generate new revenue. Accountabilities include web marketing, content development, cost controls and sales. Also manage the company’s government accounts.
- Grew revenues 42% by proposing and building new warehouse business.
- Secured Food Grade Distribution status, resulting in the company’s largest client to date.
- Played key role in helping KTI achieve the highest rates-per-mile in its history.
- Drove 20% increase in web traffic by creating new content strategy for the company’s website.
412 GROUP INC., PULASKI, VA | Product Manager | Business Development Manager | Aug 2006 – 2010
Founded and built this digital publishing company focused on providing financial information through a series of websites including flagship property SilverMonthly.com. Wrote business plan, devised and executed growth strategies and managed client marketing campaigns, including creating images and landing pages. Built and led a team of freelance designers, writers and programmers.
- Expanded site from a collection of free articles into a comprehensive information source that includes a blog, classified, ads, contests, affiliate offerings and a variety of tools.
- Grew traffic from zero to 52,000 visitors per month and lowered bounce rate by over 30%.
- Generated thousands in additional revenue by editing and publishing the book Real Wealth: The Simple Guide to Silver Investing.
- Increased EPM (earnings per thousand impressions) from $8.75 to $29.80.
Education & Credentials
- BA, Economics and Commerce – Hampden-Sydney College, Farmville, VA (2010)
- Full year funded research on digital media pricing power based on market share
- Study abroad – 6 months in China, University of Shanghai Economics and Commerce
- Won CSPE Business Proposal Writing Contest
Member, eMarketing Association
Core strengths include, (with jobs that I would enjoy)
- Restoring: (Consulting, Programming, Customer Service, Turn arounds)
- Futurism: (Entrepreneurship or Start up)
- Ideation: (Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Design, New Product Development)